In an effort to help keep students safe and healthy, I ask that each student removes his or her shoes at the door and uses the provided hand sanitizer before each lesson. Students will be responsible for providing their own materials (pencils, erasers…etc.). At this time, only students are permitted in the piano studio for lessons. The piano studio will be sanitized between each student.
Parent (or Adult Student) Responsibilities
- Provide music books, a working metronome and other materials as requested.
- Allocate time for regular and consistent, daily practice.
- For parents, make sure that your child practices the piano each day. For very young children (around four to six years of age), 15 to 20 minutes of supervised piano practice will suffice. The primary task will be to build the child’s capacity for concentrated learning. Children six to thirteen years of age should practice at least 30 minutes a day, six days a week. Many students will not take the initiative to do this on their own and need to be reminded.
- Check your email regularly as I communicate through email and it is the best way to reach me.
- Students should come to lessons well-prepared with all assignments from the previous lesson as assigned. Should the student arrive to his or her lesson without materials, the lesson will be immediately cancelled and no refund will be given. If this happens more than two times, lessons will be discontinued.
- Keep fingernails trimmed short to ensure proper hand position and proper technique.
- Each student will have a personal practicing recommendation that may differ based on their level, potential, and ability.
Cancellations / Missed Lessons
- In the event a student is unable to attend a lesson, it is required a notification be sent via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with as much notification as possible.
- No refunds will be given for missed lessons or withdrawal from lessons.
- Make up lessons are not guaranteed.
- In the event there is a decision to discontinue lessons, either a one month notice or a two-month lesson fee is required. This allows me a chance to fill the time slot and finish the lessons on a positive note for the student.
- Any termination initiated by the parent or student requires a WRITTEN and PAID TUITION notice.
Termination of Lessons
Students may be dismissed from lessons for any of the following reasons:
- Destruction or theft of property in my home or studio.
- Disrespect or uncooperative attitude toward teachers or other students.
- Failure to comply with studio policy.
- Failure to pay tuition on the due date.
- Parents must bring and pick students up on time.
- Parents and siblings must wait outside the studio. No visitors permitted in the studio during the lesson.
- No food, drinks or gum in the music studio.
- Students must deactivate their cell phones during lessons.
- Please respect studio hours and do not “drop by” after hours.
- Should the student arrive without their materials, the lesson will be immediately cancelled.
- I reserve the right to update or modify these Studio Policies, at any time and without prior notice, by posting the revised version of these Studio Policies on my website. Your use of the Site following any such change constitutes your agreement with all posted Studio Policies updates, and you will be subject to the terms of the revised Studio Policies. You may access the current version of these Studio Policies at any time on my web site.
Copyright Bergen Piano Studio 2021 ©